Objectives. Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, the David Suzuki Foundation, West Coast EnvironmentalLaw Association and WWF-Canada commissioned this research to fulfill the following objectives:
- Establish a representative perspective of how Canadians view the ocean and ocean protection,including why they value the ocean;
- Identify and quantify provincial/regional variations in perspectives (particularly for Nova Scotia andNewfoundland and Labrador) and identify drivers of these differences;
- Identify specific issues that motivate support for conservation or prevent Canadians from beingsupportive of marine protection, with emphasis on economic and regional issues;
- Identify frames that motivate Canadians to care for, and act on, matters of ocean health; and,
- Establish if Canadians' perspectives of marine protection have changed since 2016.